Tuesday, July 29, 2008

a fattening "summer treat"

So, I was sitting at my parent's kitchen table the other morning, enjoying a nice chat with my mom, when Parker came upstairs to make himself one of those "muscle drinks." Earlier that day, my mom and I had taken a trip to Costco and picked up a crate of raspberries. Parker saw these raspberries sitting in the fridge and said, "Lindsey, have I made you my special treat yet? I make it with raspberries. It's so good!" So, he starts pulling out raspberries, sugar, and then asks my mom if we have any whipping cream. Not whip cream, whipping cream. He proceeds to mix all of these ingredients together to make what appears to be a healthy summer treat, hands me the bowl and says, "Here, try this!"

Because he's leaving to play college football in a couple of days, he's been working on putting on the pounds, and has discovered that straight whipping cream is a great way to do that.
What he doesn't realize is that women put the pounds on a little bit different then men do... I wasn't as keen to the idea. I thought this was so funny, so I had to make it a new addition to the blog page. Men and fatty foods... it just isn't fair.

No comments: