Thursday, March 10, 2011

random thoughts...

i have so many random thoughts today.
instead of making 7 different posts, i thought i'd compile them into one.
here we go.

memory. what is memory? and why don't i have one? why is it that i promise my best friend i'll go to dinner with her and then when she calls me the next day to ask when i can go i'm totally caught off guard? it's incredibly embarrassing when i attempt to discipline my students by telling them they are losing 5 minutes of recess and then when recess rolls around i hear them yell as they run down the hallway to freedom, "She forgot AGAIN!" i'm 25. dementia is NOT an option.

sugar. i haven't had any of it for 2 days straight. people, that is a BIG deal. let me paint the picture for those of you who care. this week is teacher appreciation week. for the last two days, i've been given unlimited diet coke, cookies, more chocolate covered cinnamon bears than i could consume in a month (my FAVORITE treat), chocolate covered almonds, 100 Grand bars, and then was served the most delicious lunch complete with ALL the desserts you could imagine. oh, and on top of that, it's Girl Scout Cookie month. my 2 boxes were delivered this week. they have both been successfully pawned. (at least i support the GSA organization). how have i survived you ask? LOTS of grapefruits, oranges, apples, granola, salads, and (shh) diet coke - hey, that sugar is artificial!

substitute teachers. who gave them the right to refuse subbing for my class because "those children are terrible little demons." lady, try walking a day in MY shoes. one day won't kill you.

full-time jobs. why are they so hard? and since when did i transition from a "fly by the seat of your pants" schedule to the old "ball-and-chain"? don't get me wrong. i love my job. if you ask my roommates or my immediate family, they will plead otherwise. but really, i do. i guess it's just that the honeymoon period is over and reality is setting in. and on top of that, my firsties aren't afraid of me any more. they've figured me out. they've learned that "losing 5 minutes of recess" really means "just shut up for 10 more minutes and i'll let you go, free of charge." they don't listen to me anymore. they don't care about what i have to say. and to tell you the truth, neither do i. BUT - i'm trying. i gave them the old "come to Jesus" talk and called us all to repentance. i told them today "i'm not playing this game anymore. i'm establishing consequences." they shaped right up. oh, and i lied to them and told them a leprechaun broke into our classroom last night and is watching their behavior for the next week. if they're good, he's bringing them a pot of gold. maybe that was it.

man, i could really go for some chocolate right about now.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

hang in there chica...VEGAS tomorrow and DC in one month!!! Love you!

Amanda said...

I love your random thoughts! LOVE the leapercon (sp?) idea. haha. maybe that will work with my little ones... ha.

hugs miss you.