Thursday, December 4, 2008

getting in the spirit...

December is here, and I finally feel like it's time to start getting into the spirit of the Christmas season. So, the ladies and I took a little break from our busy (or not busy) work schedules, studying for finals, and sleeping in late to deck the halls and paint the town red! And green! 

Wednesday night, we went to Odyssey Dance Theatre's production of It's a Wonderful Life at the good ol' Bury! (It's about time my one benefit came in handy). After watching the show, I was so addicted to the story of George Bailey that I went home and YouTubed the entire two and half hour movie - picture me sitting in bed, wide eyed and in awe at 2 o'clock in the morning - it was awesome. I think I was born in the wrong era. Maybe me and Audrey Hepburn were mistaken for each other... Probably.

Roomies!
My Golden Girls...

Thursday night, Sarah and I ventured out to 90th South to check out decorated goodness at the Festival of Trees. However, we really ended up paying to shop for Christmas gifts. Pretty much 99% of our three hours there was spent in the boutique, googley-eyed over the adorable, homemade crafts. Sarah spent her entire (and stolen) $165 paycheck on gifts for her family. Thoughtful... seeing as I spent my entire $25 paycheck on myself. Nonetheless, we enjoyed ourselves while snacking on caramel apples and cruising past the hundreds and hundreds of trees.

Look at that gingerbread man, trying to sneak into our pic... 
Yes. A Cullen Christmas. Probably one of my most favorite trees of the night. The only other thing I need is my own personal Robert Pattinson.
...And it's not even the weekend yet.
 Tis the season, ya'll.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oo, that sounds like a fun time...

I LOVE the Cullen Christmas tree!!

hehe.