it was a cold dark November night when I got the phone call.
"Lindsey," he said, "hear me out on this one. You. Me. New York City. Two weeks. What do you say?" well, after going over the financial details (which rule my existence these days), i decided New York at Christmas time? I could NEVER say no.
so, it was official. we packed our bags and we were off on what would be the grandest adventure of our lives!!
Amid the dozen of unexpected misfortunes (which I'll list at the bottom for your entertainment), this was by far the most fun and adventurous trip of my twenty-something years. a forecast for what should be an amazing 2010!!
Manhattan Bridge overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge and the City
This is how we felt after dealing with a very frustrating Delta Airlines
(if only we had known what else was to come...)
a piece of art
"those are some freakin' big ornaments!"
"oh hey Lindsey, look! it's Radio City!"
the famous tree
pre-ice skating at Rockefeller
NBC studio tour. Dustin HAD to see the SNL studio...
all the night lights
we had to loosen up a bit before Matisyahu
and there he is in all his Rasta glory
we came out of the concert to this...
these hot dogs... i do not recommend
we waited 2 hours to eat at Serendipity
I fell in love
and here's the list:
1) my luggage was checked too late
2) had to re-book flight - $50 each
3) got to JFK but my luggage didn't
4) luggage scheduled to arrive at hotel that night - it didn't
5) we showed up at the wrong hotel
6) had to walk 4 freezing blocks to the right hotel
7) woke up the next morning to no luggage - had to wear the same stinky clothes
8) button broke on my coat as we were walking out the door
9) got sick - had to telephone doctor for some medicine
10) took the train into Times Square to pick-up meds - meds weren't ready
11) dropped unlimited Metro card on the train tracks 1 day before going home
12) planned to get to JFK wayyyyy early so we weren't late on the luggage drop BUT...
13) JFK was packed and took Delta 3 hours to get organized - so we missed our flight
14) got put on the next flight stand-by - no guarentee we'd be home for Christmas Eve
15) Dustin all of sudden became SuperMan, got me a First Class ticket on a flight directly to Salt Lake aaaand was the same flight that David Archuleta was taking home.
... I think I am safe to say that THIS was the best trip ever!!!