Friday, May 15, 2009

mahalo nui loa...

...and Alooooooha!

Last week, I ventured "home" to spend a little relaxation time and celebrate the end of my first semester as a Grad student with my old bedmate (yes, yes, we shared a bed) Erin. I was lucky enough to take Keither with me to celebrate his quarter-of-a-century birthday. We had a blast getting caught up with old friends and kickin' it on the shores of the 808 state.

The most beautiful day at Sunset!
"Welcome Home Lindsey!"
Our first day "vagabondaging" up and down the North Shore on TheBus... Hawaii's most excellent transportation service. 
Whoop whoop.
And thennnnn... dun dun dun!!
I fulfilled a 3 year dream of skydiving over Oahu's North Shore... 
Thanks Keither, for being my jumping buddy.
A little pre-jump practice...
thuggish ruggish
Here's to signing away our lives...
Erin was our awesome audience and photographer...
Packin' it up...
Bye bye
Now THIS is freedom
Our "we survived" embrace...
Skydiving was seriously the most amazing thing I have ever done. And my dive master was the man. He sent us out of the airplane at 14,000 feet doing a triple backflip. Yep. Amazing!

KC & LC waiting for TheBus
The foooood we ate...

The friends I love...

And I can't forget Scuba Steve and the SeaHorse that my cute mom gave us before taking off. We put these suckers to good use. Poor Scuba Steve got water-logged, and had a hard time flipping his fins.

Nothing beats a day of playin' in the sand.

Pure heaven!

Thanks for the fun week, Errrrn.
I love ya, sister!

2 comments:

sarahbjolley said...

you are my hero. you get the sbj award for the best week ever!

The Tesimales said...

Aw i'm jealous. We miss it there SOOO bad. Glad you got to go.