Tuesday, June 2, 2009

remodel. move. repeat...

For those of you who are familiar with the Cracroft basement, you know it's a mess to be seen! And due to my lack of monetary funding and my busy "pre-teacher" lifestyle, I had quite an unfortunate fate: 
Moving Home. Dun, dun, dun...

My Mom and I gave it 5 months before we took charge of Elder Cracroft's bedroom, and I wish I had the photos to show what it looked like before. But if you're reading this blog, you probably know me well enough to have seen it. (If not, I cross my heart you're not a stalker.) After a long 10 days of work, day in and day out, here is the finished project...




Oohhhhh, and the much acclaimed bathroom. 
This was a treat to tackle. It took me a good few hours scrubbing the "missed shots" off of the toilet seat and it's surroundings. Thanks, Bros.

(notice jon's awesome blue tile from 1998)

After all was said and done, Caitles came into my room and said 
(and I quote),
"Ohhhh my!!! I LOVE your new room. It's pink!!!!!"
followed by the squeal of a 4-year-old...
She loved it so much we had to have a sleepover in it!

And because my mom's now on remodel fire, here's round two...
...wish us luck!

(This blog was made possible by the help of MomT and Bro. Without them, I would have screwed the whole thing up. AND I wouldn't have been able to get a single piece of my furniture transported without their help! A huge Thank Ya to mi family!)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cute post! I didn't know you re-did the bathroom too... it looks AWESOME! Ha...'missed shots' nice.

Caitlin. she's so cute. ahh. you are so cute too!

horray for pink!

sarahbjolley said...

i love love love what you did with everything! it all looks fantastic! and i love that you are caitlin had a sleepover in it. yay for best friends with nieces! so cute!

AJ said...

i have the same shower curtain and love it!
i loved the orange but i LOVE the pink.

Candace & Winston said...

I LOVE it. It looks great. Do you think i could just hire you to come decorate my house? hehe

Becky said...

Super cute room and bathroom! I watch hours of HGTV day to day, so any time I see a post that has to do with remodeling, I have to check it out! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Your room looks great!!! Hard work really did pay off. Yay!