Tuesday, November 11, 2008

midnight nuggs...

Have you ever noticed that making the midnight nugget run to Wendy's is always a gamble? A gamble on the crispiness and/or temperature of your nuggs and fries? I came to this realization tonight as I made my way out of the Wendy's drive-thru. Eager to satiate my craving, I reached my hand into that little white bag and fished around for that tiny yellow carton holding my much anticipated fries. As I clenched two of them between my fingers and whipped them into my mouth, I immediately spit them out simultaneously with an exasperated, "Eeeeewwwwwww!" Instead of those nice, crisp "fresh from greasy fryer" fries, I got the cold, soggy "fresh from the garbage" batch. So, I decided to cut my losses and searched next for that old high school favorite of mine... the chicken nuggets! As my fingers came upon the first nugget in the batch, it felt warm and crisp. This got me excited! Finally, the "Always Fresh" part of Wendy's that I was expecting. But with the same results, I pouted in submission a depressing and disappointed "Ooohhhhhhhh," as the nugg hit my lips no more crisp than its fry counterpart. 

If it weren't for the ALWAYS faithful frosty, the night could easily have been a total waste. Thank you, Wendys, for reminding me why it's only on those cold, starving mid-nights that I consider gambling my hard-earned $3.59 on your $.99 Value Menu...

"Never Fresh. Always Frozen."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

ohh. almost lost my lunch...

grace said...

Ya! I love you. I cannot tell you how close this blog hit to home. I tell ya, half the fun with Wendy's is you never know what you're gunna get!!!